Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Camp Courageous: Day 3

This has been such a long day! Haha. Waking up at 6:30 was not that bad…only partially painful. After waking up and zombie walking to the bathroom to get ready, we woke up our sweet girls. That’s when the real fun began. Each kid got to choose their “early riser” activity before breakfast, what a hilarious concept! I got assigned to go with the “music” campers. There is nothing sweeter than the sound of twelve kids banging the tar out of some drums. That’ll wake you up. We then had breakfast and moved on to more activities. At this point, I am too tired to remember all that we did but I know that we squeezed a whole lot of activities into one afternoon including- archery, swimming (twice…yeah, it was super fun to put on my very wet and freezing cold bathing suit not once but twice today), and cooking. After dinner, we had what they call the “Messy Games.” Yeahhh, that was ridiculous. As a counselor, I had the honor of being completely covered in paint, icecream, water, pudding, and a concoction they call “Chug Chug” aka oatmeal, paint, soap, and whatever else they decide to throw in that day. Yummmmy. After washing my hair twice, I still smell quite nasty. Oh the joys of camp. Ha!

Our Den After Being Painted Up- Representing the Yellow Lodge

Midway Through the Craziness 

The Finished Product...Nasty

This day has definitely been the best day yet. Super duper long but more organized and filled with more fun activities, so that was a plus. It’s fairly ridiculous how quickly our “siesta” time goes by (a whopping hour of our 13+ hour long day) and how slooooowly the time goes by during certain activities. Ha!

I have very little time to process all that is happening, as even now as I try to sit and process I am surrounded by people. I am learning so much about myself, including some strengths and weaknesses I didn’t know I had as well as having ample opportunity to practice patience, gentleness, and kindness…even when your campers are pouring “Chug Chug” on top of your head. Today it was awesome to see our girls build friendships with one another as well as with us. I got my first letter from one of my campers declaring that I was her #1 “Fav” Counselor. I’d call that a success. Ha! Also, the precious letters I have been receiving in the mail mean more to me than I am able to say. Seriously. I am so overwhelmed by the love and amazing people I have in my life! Unbelievable.

Right now I am so exhausted and my brain is running on empty so that’s all I can think of to say tonight. Thanks for taking the time to read this and for investing in me and loving me like only each of you can. You guys are ridiculous.

A verse I have been clinging to this week, along with several others has been Isaiah 40:28-31. SUCH words of truth and comfort as I am very weary (and sleepy) and need strength that can only come from the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment