Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Reality Check

One Day Down…How Many To Go?
Well...I’m an official STUDENT at the University of Kentucky. I was reminded today once again of how amazing the power of prayer is. I woke up with such a sense of peace, knowing that the Lord had fully prepared me and would never hand me more than I could handle. The only downer of the day was that I had to wake up at 8:00…not a good thing when you are not a morning person. All of my professors were very kind and seemed genuinely passionate about teaching, which was extremely encouraging and beautiful to see. After ensuring a “good” seat in each class, I met some of my fellow classmates and am excited to see how the Lord will use me to be a light in their lives and look forward to building friendships with and learning alongside of them.

Annual First Day Picture

Sup Noob Freshman

I quickly realized that I have not fully transitioned into “school mode” as I sat squirming in my chair. After attending my classes for the day, I walked back to the dorm completely overwhelmed, exhausted, but excited and thankful for such a positive day. Once back in the dorm, Lydia and I decided that the most logical way of processing the day’s overload of information would be to take a nap. SO, being the little freshman that we are, we curled up in our comfy beds and fell fast asleep.  After getting our beauty rest we buckled down and began the daunting task of reading our syllabi and mapping out our semester. Goodness gracious, I am certainly not in high school anymore. Praying that the Lord would keep my sights focused solely on Him and that my school work and stress of succeeding would never come before Him. HE is so good and deserves my full attention and praise.

Healing Is In HIS Hands... 
After a day of selfishly devoting my thoughts and prayers to my worries, stresses, and desires, my thoughts and prayers were refocused when I heard the news that some of my dear friends had been in a car accident. My precious little friend, Ally is at Children’s Hospital with life threatening injuries. Sweet Ally is so full of joy and love and has been such a tremendous blessing in my life. I am praying that the Lord would be the doctor’s hands and give them clarity and direction on how to best treat her. I know that HE is the ultimate Healer and has her in the palm of His righteous hand. All we can do is pray and TRUST that He will heal her. Please join me in praying for strength and healing as well as a sense of peace that transcends all understanding for her parents. Reality check. Life is precious and is taken for granted far too often. Rather than focusing on MYSELF as I walked from class to class, I should have taken that time to pray for the broken, lost, and unsaved peers I passed by and searched for opportunities to share the love, hope, and grace our amazing Lord offers. I don’t want to squander my life away by spending my time and energy on temporary things, but desire to live an intentional life giving glory to the Lord at all times. I have taken great comfort in knowing that HE is in control and have been reminded of Psalm 46:10, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”



My prayer now, is not that I would have the most fun or be the most successful, but to live the most intentional and God-honoring life possible and seek opportunities to be a shining light to others and touch as many lives as possible. To HIM be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment