Monday, August 29, 2011

The Madness Continues

Breaking A Guinness World Record…
How many people can say that their weekend consisted of breaking a Guinness World Record? Only about 8,957. At 11:55PM on Friday night, CSF hosted the Worlds Largest Water Balloon fight.  175,141 water balloons were strategically lined across the Johnson Center field and over 8,000 people gathered to partake in the madness.  After months of planning and preparing, the water balloon fight was over in less than three minutes. Mass chaos are the only two words I can use to describe this event. Another ridiculous and fun memory made with my amazing friends. 

To Fully Appreciate the Madness- Check Out the Official Video:

Pre-Water Balloon Fight

Mass Chaos

When You Mess With the Bull, You Get the Horns…
I am so incredibly blessed to have such an amazing home away from home church. The 608 service at Southland refuels me every week and reignites the fire within me to begin the new week excited for what the Lord has in store for me and the opportunities He will bless me with to bring glory to Him. This weekends service was focused on grace and seeing others the way we were intended to be seen. Hebrews 12:15 convicted me to bring glory and honor to the Lord in every aspect of my life and to love others the way He loves me. The scripture states “See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God.” No pressure. As Christians we have the honor and responsibility to be a reflection of the Lord in EVERY interaction we have with others and in all aspects of our lives. We were not put on this earth to be self-seeking and self-glorifying, but to shower the broken, lost, and “unwanted” people of this world with grace, love, and encouragement. The Lord commands us to simply LOVE each other in John 15:17. As Jon Weece said, “To love a person, is to see them the way God intended them to be.” It is so easy to get caught up in our selfish desires and too often use the word “need” instead of “want.” What we NEED is God’s unconditional love and relentless grace…everything else is just icing to the cake.

After a phenomenal service, Southland hosted a “Ride the Bull” party in an effort to welcome students back to school and help them get plugged in at CSF and Southland. Well, as the name of the event suggests, there was a mechanical bull to ride for anyone brave enough to “take the bull by its horns.”  Being the “in the moment” kind of person that I am, I decided that riding a mechanical bull was definitely something worth experiencing. Waiting in line, the anticipation grew as I got closer and closer to facing the bull. Words can’t really describe the experience so I decided to attach the video of the ordeal. They say a picture’s worth a thousand words…so how much is a video worth? Y’all can be the judge of that…


**Side note- I now have a beautiful purple "battle wound" to prove my bull-riding skills**

As I begin this first FULL week of classes, I pray that the Lord would help me to focus on Him and cast my anxieties and stress upon Him. I also pray that I would be blessed with opportunities to bring other’s joy and love others the way God has commanded me to.

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." -1 Peter 4:8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment