Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Calm(ish) Before the Storm

Oops I Did It Again…
In an effort to avoid getting lost on campus and not have FRESHMAN banners across our foreheads, we decided to explore campus and find our classes. After successfully finding each building, we parted ways to attend our “College Meetings.” I was told to go to the “Taylor Education Building” so naturally I put the address into my GPS and began my trek. After arriving at my “desired destination” I became aware of my surroundings and came to the realization that I was indeed NOT where I was supposed to be. Being the directionally challenged girl that I am, I quickly became frustrated that I had “done it again.” Since this was of course not the first time, I headed back in the direction I had come from praying I would have an idiot savant moment. Well…that moment didn’t come. After back tracking and aimlessly walking all over creation, an HOUR later, I finally stumbled upon (literally stumbled, as I tripped on stick walking up the drive and now have a perfectly round bruise on my toe) the education building- sweaty, frustrated, tired, and late.

After this traumatic (and now hilarious) adventure, I decided to map out my aimless walking in red and the direct pathway in blue just to show you how ridiculous this whole ordeal really was. I’ve convinced myself that the whole adventure was really just my desire to become acquainted with the campus and take Robert Frost’s advice by “taking the road less traveled by…” I’ve decided to become a campus tour guide and will be passing out business cards soon. Forget physical therapy, I have found my true calling...



Thankfully the College of Education staff were extremely kind and welcomed me with warm smiles and sympathetic head nods as I explained my dilemma. Laughter aside, I am extremely excited to have the opportunity to begin the journey towards my dreams and look forward to seeing where the Lord takes me. He has instilled in me a desire to love and bring joy to others so I am comforted in knowing that wherever He leads me, I will be able to serve and love His people. To HIM be the glory!

Lesson learned, campus explored, and accidental exercise complete!

We ended the night with Shift at CSF, a service completely focused on building relationships with freshman and having intentional time to meet, learn, and grow together. CSF has already been such a tremendous blessing and I look forward to the opportunities I will have to pursue my Prince and learn more about HIM as well as make unconditional and lasting friendships with my fellow brothers and sisters of Christ. We were also able to sign up for our “Shift Groups” where we will be studying “King’s Cross” by Tim Keller and growing closer to HIM as we grow closer to one another and fully embrace being Princesses of the King. I am so excited to see what doors GOD will open (thankfully I won’t have to) and will gladly and enthusiastically follow wherever He leads.

I Actually Have To Do School Work?...
I am armed and ready to truly begin my college experience with the start of this first semester. I am convinced that the Lord will work in and through me in amazing ways if I fully surrender myself to Him and glorify Him in everything I do. My goals for this semester are:

I would be blessed with countless opportunities to be a SHINING light for His glory
I would grow closer to the Lord and be intentional in my pursuit for Him
I would stay focused and motivated in all aspects of my life
I would serve others and be His hands and feet
I would build intentional and lasting friendships
I would create memories that would last a lifetime
I would maximize every opportunity I am blessed with and maintain a positive attitude
I would live a life pleasing to the Lord and inspiring for those around me
I would be successful in my academics
I would develop strong and effective study habits both in the Word and in my studies

 “Be strong and courageous. Do NOT be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” –Joshua 1:9

“Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” –Matthew 6:34

“Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” -1 Peter 5:7

“I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.” –Philippians 4:13

“This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” –Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment