Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I love having this day to spend intentional time reflecting on the amazing blessings the Lord has put in my life. When I actually stop to think about all of the things I am thankful for, I am completely overwhelmed and struggle to accurately express my gratitude. I am so humbled to have such sweet blessings in my life.


I am going to attempt to write a list of what I’m thankful for…a list that is very much not all-inclusive and in absolutely no order. And just a warning, some ridiculously random things popped into my head. Alright here we go, I am thankful for…

A loving, faithful, and forgiving God. The Hope of Heaven. An incredible Mom, Dad, Sister, and extended family. A precious boyfriend. Bonus Family. Sweet friends. The Power of Prayer. The University of Kentucky. CSF. Joy. Two Church Homes. Woodhill. Two wonderful housemates. Laughter. Music. The Ability to Love and Be Loved. Freedom. Faithful Servants. Sweet Tea. Shooting Stars. Amazing Role Models. Good Health. Electricity. Baptisms. America. Traveling. Bright Colors…especially Pink. Long Walks. Pets. Surprises. Comfy Beds. Jesus Prom. Soldiers. Gymnastics. Worship Music. Airplanes. Bookstores. Rain. Caramel Apple Cider. Journaling. Happy and Sad Tears. Hope. The Ability to Feel. Heat and Air Conditioning. A Beating Heart. Medicine. Sweet and Funny Text Messages. Wisdom. Rainbows. Candles. Flowers. Teeth. Cute Shoes. Missionaries. Doctors. Yummy Food. Front Porches. Hugs. Books. Vision, Hearing, Tasting, and Smelling. Clean and Running Water. Glitter. Blogs. Chalk and Dry Erase Boards. Warm Showers. Glasses and Contacts. iPhones. Random Acts of Kindness. Good Movies. Rocking Chairs. Paved Roads. An Able Body. Porch Swings. Dancing. Sour Gummy Worms. A Room to Myself. Baby Animals. Encouragement. Warm Blankets. Nail Polish. Education. Deodorant. Sunshine. Socks. Sleep. Kisses. Leadership. Cold Chills. Singing. Weekends. Cursive Handwriting. Every Breath I Take. Swimming Pools. Disney Princesses. Beautiful Blue Ocean Water. Kites. Rings. Fruit. Pretty jewelry. Hospitals. Sweet Memories. Unique Talents. Soft Grass. Snow. Icecream. Funny Youtube Videos. Flip-Flops. Makeup. Toothbrushes and Toothpaste. Passion Conference. Summertime. Silliness. Sandy Beaches. Babies. Grace. Underwear. Crystal Blue Skies. Umbrellas. Cameras. Toilet Paper. Sweatpants. Reasons to Celebrate Life and People.  Firemen and Policemen. Being Literate. Fluffy Clouds. Wildflowers. Exercise. Clocks. Post-It Notes. Telling Stories and Hearing Silly Stories. Toilets. White Picket Fences. Pretty Dresses. Disney World. Boldness. Corny Jokes. Bubbles. Hair Straighters. Simple Days. Handwritten Letters. Facebook. Hugs. Lip-Gloss. Motivation. Traditions. Chick Flicks. Giggle Fits. Oversized Sweatshirts. Waterfalls. Fans. Smiles. Cookies. Family Vacations. Sunsets. Crafts. Christmas Trees and Sparkly Lights. Creativity. Accents. Clumsy Moments. Kids Laughter. Colorful Leaves. Warm Coats. Fun and Spontaneous Adventures. Playing Outside. Good smells. Quiet Moments. Good Quotes. Twinkly Stars. Full Moons. Lazy Days. Awkwardly Awesome Moments. Pictures. Tutus. My VW Bug. Different Languages. Tumbling. Pinterest. Naps. Imagination. Driving with the Windows Down and Music Blaring. Valuable lessons. Nature. The Internet. Goodness, this list could go on and on and on…

Needless to say, the Lord has blessed me so richly. I am so undeserving of His immense blessings but am so thankful and pray that I would use the blessings He pours over me to glorify Him and serve others.


The Celebrations…
Today was a really special and wonderful day. Despite the obvious absence of my sweet Pappy, it was so nice to have the family together celebrating life and the precious blessings the Lord has so gracious given us. As we circled up to pray, I got tears in my eyes as I looked around and saw the people I so dearly love. We enjoyed so much delicious food, great conversations, lots of laughter, and glorious weather. God is so good and I am so thankful.



AND to end the night, I got to dance in a flash mob at Target with some sweet friends. Talk about a hilarious way to end Thanksgiving. We danced to “Ice Ice Baby” in Target’s parking lot in front of the (crazy) people standing in line. It was so random and hilarious and awesome. And was a total successful Bucket List Adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment