Sunday, October 2, 2011

Humbled By His Abundant Gifts

19 Years & Counting…
What a tremendously blessed and joyful day my birthday was, full of reminders of how graciously the Lord has blessed me. I am convinced that birthday’s are a beautiful example of how every day should look- showering those around us with love and encouragement and celebrating their life and accomplishments. Far too often we get caught up in the busyness our own lives and miss out on countless opportunities to pour into other’s lives and be intentional encouragers, prayer warriors, and life partners. This year, I am going to be intentional and celebrate life every day. Who’s with me?

My first birthday away from home was absolutely amazing. I got to celebrate from 12AM to 11:59PM (thanks to homework). My day was packed full of sweet birthday texts, Facebook messages, phone calls, hugs, birthday lunch with my precious sister, and a special birthday dinner with my parents. To say the least-it was a wonderful day, full of reminders of how beautifully blessed I am. So blessed. So undeserving. So thankful.

Never Too Old for a Princess Cake, Right?

I was absolutely overwhelmed and humbled by the love I was bombarded with on my birthday. I got teary eyed several times thinking about how richly the Lord has blessed me and how undeserving I am of His abundant blessings. I truly have the most amazing people in my life. People who love me unconditionally, support me always, pray for me regularly, and teach me daily. My immediate, extended, and bonus family are the most amazing group of people- full of unique talents that each use beautifully to glorify the Lord. They are my role models, encouragers, and best friends. They lead by example and live lives that inspire me to dream big, love intentionally, and seek God always. I have received immeasurable joy by having the opportunity to “do life” with such Godly and beautiful people and look forward to the many adventures in store for us this coming year.

My Beautiful Family

The Sibs

Nanny and Pappy

While reflecting on the people in my life, I focused on the ONE, who knows me more intimately and loves me more passionately than any other. Every day the Lord blesses me with the greatest LIFE present anyone could ever dream of- the daily opportunity to live a beautifully blessed life, love others, and enjoy the things that He has so masterfully created. Every year, every day, every hour, and every breath that the Lord blesses me with is an amazing gift. I am so thankful to have a Savior who rejoices over me, loves me, guides me, and entrusts me with the honor and responsibility of loving His Children and being a light for His glory. The Lord has blessed me so graciously and I am so thankful.

My 19 Prayers…
As I begin this year, I pray that it would be one full of opportunities to grow, learn, and serve. I pray for a year full of unforgettable memories. I pray that I would bring joy to others. I pray that I would live in and soak up each moment the Lord blesses me with. I pray that I would be a shining light for the Lord and that His name would be known over mine. I pray that my eyes would be opened to the lonely, hurting, and broken. I pray that I would seek His direction in all things. I pray that I will be obedient to where He leads me. I pray that I would be intentional in every interaction. I pray that I would be able to bless my loved ones the way they bless me. I pray that there would be countless opportunities to laugh. I pray that there would be quiet moments to appreciate the Lord’s creativity and mastery. I pray that I would have opportunities to serve others. I pray that I would be a role model and Godly example for those around me. I pray that I would keep my eyes fixed on the Lord and trust in His divine plan. I pray that the talents and abilities I have been blessed with would be made known and be used to glorify the Lord. I pray that this year would be full of meaningful friendships. I pray that I would be reminded often of how beautifully blessed I am and not take a single blessing for granted. I pray for a year that is God-honoring and glorifying. 

So, here’s to the last year of teenage-hood...bring it on!

All Work and Some Play…
Well, the craziness of college life continues. Each morning I wake up wondering when I’ll be able to fall into bed again and each night I wonder how late I can set my alarm clock and still make it to class in time…forget about looking presentable. Sleep > Appearance. I continue to live off of daily to-do lists and receive great satisfaction when I can cross things off the list. I officially have to “pencil in” quiet time: Pathetic- yes. Effective- yes. I have found such comfort and joy in taking intentional time to be still and read the word. Despite the craziness of this new life, I am thankful for the opportunity to learn here and take another step closer to becoming the person the Lord has called me to be.

CSF continues to be such a blessing in my life. The fellowship, worship, and opportunities to grow and learn in my faith are unbelievable. I am so excited and thankful to be surrounded by such men and women of God and look forward to the friendships and memories that will continue to be made.

CSF 80's Party

My Sweet Sisterbear

Brokenness…
One of our dorm activities going on right now is entitled “Post Secrets.” As the name suggests, the girls in the dorm have the opportunity to reveal anonymous secrets about themselves and have them posted throughout the lobby of the hall for everyone to read. While the concept of this seems fun and harmless, it has become a therapeutic outlet for broken and hopeless girls. My heart was absolutely broken as I read of the pain, loneliness, regret, and brokenness the girls in my hall have and continue to endure. The Lord’s love, hope, and grace desperately need to be shared with these girls and I pray for opportunities to witness to them and be a light in their lives. The secrets don’t have names on them, but I trust that the Lord will lead me to those who need Him most and will give me opportunities to love them, pray with them, and tell them that through the grace of God, our past does not have to define our future. It’s time to start mending these broken hearts…with the Lord as the thread, I pray that I could be the needle He uses to restore these broken lives.

Fasten Your Seat Belt…
I have been struggling lately with the uncertainty of my future. Being the goal-oriented person that I am, I have often become frustrated by my lack of a specific end-goal. While the obvious goal is to graduate and be successful, I long for clear direction as to what I am supposed to become and where I am supposed to go. The Lord has placed on my heart a strong desire to serve, love, and invest in other’s lives and I pray that He would bless me with an opportunity to do just that. I know that the Lord’s plan is far more beautifully crafted than I can ever imagine and trust that in HIS time, His will will be made known. I know that this is another opportunity for me to grow closer to the Lord and fully surrender my life to Him and trust that He will lead me where He can best use me to love others and further His Kingdom. I know that He will never leave me or forsake me and will guide my every step. I know these things and am comforted by the certainty that God is in control. My prayer now is that I would have an obedient and open heart and mind to whatever the Lord has in store for me and that I would go where I felt led, wherever that may be. I’m fastening my seatbelt and am ready to embark on this crazy adventure with the Lord as my guide.

“No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.” - Philippians 3:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment